Unlike Stacy's fairly recent post with disappointing news
about a certain baseball player, I have received WONDERFUL news concerning my favorite player (in case you have not been around me much, that would be Michael Young). Yes, he will be around Texas for many years to come - until 2013 to be exact. By signing him long term the Rangers have assured themselves of continuing to take a good amount of my money each summer. And just to clarify, I have not jumped on any bandwagon - I have been a Young fan since he came up and was playing second base. I guess I have an eye for talent and class. He plays hard and he plays with integrity - oh, why can't more of them be that way!
Okay, for those of you who didn't quit reading when you saw it was about baseball - here is another little bit of my day. First off, all of the VPs were out today for a meeting (they are all women by the way), so it was just the principal (male) and another sub (male) who were in charge today. Many skeptical emails were sent out wondering just how the school would function without all those ladies - the men of course thought two would do what it takes three women to do. The proof, however, was in the pudding - or lack there of in some instances today.
To start it off, no one seemed quite capable of running the PA to do the pledges during 2nd period. Then the bells were off by a minute or two all day long and when they did ring we all wondered when it would end. Announcements which are run on the broadcast system were also not able to function today. Later when the tried the announcements over the PA, all we would hear were the beeps to turn it on and off with nothing in between. All of these are very minor things, yes, but all the more reason to wonder why two men can have them running smoothly. On top of all of this apparently some former students (who apparently have a better memory than most of my students show in class) dialed up some of their former teachers this afternoon. Apparently phones were ringing all over the school around 1:00 today. For about an hour after all of this the only emails sent out were theories and jokes about all the prank calls - I truly had about 40 emails concerning the calls alone - there really must have been a lot of teaching going on this afternoon. It did provide for an entertaining end to the day. It looks like the men lost this argument, but then what's new?
To start it off, no one seemed quite capable of running the PA to do the pledges during 2nd period. Then the bells were off by a minute or two all day long and when they did ring we all wondered when it would end. Announcements which are run on the broadcast system were also not able to function today. Later when the tried the announcements over the PA, all we would hear were the beeps to turn it on and off with nothing in between. All of these are very minor things, yes, but all the more reason to wonder why two men can have them running smoothly. On top of all of this apparently some former students (who apparently have a better memory than most of my students show in class) dialed up some of their former teachers this afternoon. Apparently phones were ringing all over the school around 1:00 today. For about an hour after all of this the only emails sent out were theories and jokes about all the prank calls - I truly had about 40 emails concerning the calls alone - there really must have been a lot of teaching going on this afternoon. It did provide for an entertaining end to the day. It looks like the men lost this argument, but then what's new?

2 comments:
I would have just laughed all day long! What an adventerous day!
Hey Beth Ann! I'm really enjoying reading your blog. Just FYI, I've started a new one. It's at whitegrrl.blogspot.com so I'd love it if you'd check it out!
Post a Comment